Annie Alexander Historical Marker Dedication Marker #L-116
Club members attended the dedication of the Dr Annie Alexander (1864-1929), Historic Marker. She was the first female physician licensed in North Carolina, 1885.
Dr. Alexander was an acting assistant surgeon at Camp Greene during WWI. She was a member of the Charlotte Woman's Club. The historic marker is located on North Tryon Street, in Charlotte, near where her office was located.